The Rules

After each performance show, Rob and Tristi must predict the bottom three and the person who will be voted off. For each correct bottom three guess, they get one point. Correctly guessing the loser gets three points.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Let Me Know What Spring Is Like On Jupiter and Mars

Overall, I was quite looking forward to last night's show. I am a fan of both Frank Sinatra and Harry Connick, Jr, and I was not disappointed in that regard. What I was disappointed with (and kinda guessed beforehand) was that Sinatra music doesn't necessarily translate well to modern singers. It can--and some of the contestants did really well--but it was going to be difficult. I mean, if the judges complain that these singers don't make songs from the 1970s current, what are they going to do with Irving Berlin circa 1926? (Answer: suck.)

First up (and first to suck) was Aaron. He started weak and finished not-so-weak, but it wasn't ever good. And I still wanted to punch him the entire time. And during his performance my wife and I were listing all the singers who were more deserving of Top-Five status. (Answer: most of them.)

Next was Casey, who was terrible from the first note and never got better. (My wife had watched the show live, and was watching on DVR with me later, and I turned to her ten seconds into it and asked "Do the judges rip him apart?" and she nodded emphatically. It was very obvious, from the beginning, how awful it was.) Anyway, the biggest tragedy here is that he's legitimately talented, unlike Aaron, and yet Casey is in the most danger.

Then Crystal. I really love Crystal, and I was impressed with her versatility, but the performance was forgettable. (Although I won't forget the enormous tattoo on her back. Yikes!)

Michael (who I refuse to call Big Mike) has an annoying habit of never enunciating the last consanant of a word. It was ticking me off. That said, he's ideally suited for Sinatra, and he did great.

And then Lee was awesome. I admit that at the beginning of the season I could have cared less about Lee, but he grows on me every week. I'm not sure now if I put him or Crystal in the number one spot (but if there's anyone else in there, America is stupid).

So, bottom three: Aaron, Casey, Big Mike. In the event that there's only a bottom two (because it varies seasons to season how they do it) then I'll say Aaron and Casey. And to go home? Casey. It turns out that Aaron is this season's Jason Crappy Castro.

1 comments:

Crystal Liechty,  May 6, 2010 at 12:15 AM  

You were both wrong! Ahaha! So so wrong. I don't know why this excites me so much.

Followers

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP