The Rules

After each performance show, Rob and Tristi must predict the bottom three and the person who will be voted off. For each correct bottom three guess, they get one point. Correctly guessing the loser gets three points.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

And Tristi Thinks ...

Once again, blogging before I read Rob's comments ...

This was a tough, tough night.

To start with, the outfits confused me a little. Was that a dog or an elephant on Randy's sweater? And Siobhan ... my dear girl ... we must talk.

Okay, on to performances.

We got started with Siobhan, and for the first time since she very first stepped onto the Idol stage, she was pitchy. I was shocked. This girl sings every note absolutely true, but tonight ... she did not. I didn't like the song for her, she seemed really out of sync, and I don't know what I think, to be honest. Safe on the merit of her previous performances? I sure hope so, but if we were judging her just for tonight, not so much. The thing with her is, she's never been ripped by the judges before. It hit her hard tonight because she didn't know how to take it. I think tonight will be good for her in terms of learning to accept criticism.

Casey was awesome. He was pretty much in his groove tonight, and I have no doubt he's safe.

Mike - solid, sensitive, and safe.

I've made it no secret that I have a beef with Didi. I'm sure she's a very nice girl, I'm sorry that her best friend died, and I know she's got a lot of emotion tied up in that. But from week to week, we're supposed to be seeing the contestants grow, and Didi is not growing. I think she's doing the show to try to move past what happened, but every week, she's wallowing in it, singing songs that remind her of all her emotions and not letting go of the past and looking toward her future. Tonight she was pitchy, the little key changes throughout the song did her no good at all, and it was just plain terrible. I believe she's in the bottom three tonight. If she's not, she should be.

Tim. Tim, Tim, Tim. First of all, where are your eyebrows? Why can't we ever see them? Are you ashamed of them? Do you have girl eyebrows? Second, why that song? That song is best done by a true artist. There are unusual notes throughout that must be mastered. You can't just take that song and sing it - you've got to get from your low notes to your high notes and back again without effort. Tim, my dear boy with shameful eyebrows, you didn't do it. Bottom three.

I am sort of going back and forth on Andrew. He did a lot better than he has for a while. But I was pretty much aching for the song to end. I didn't like the song. At all. And not only that, but it's a sensual song about taking a girl to ecstasy, and he just wasn't selling it. He doesn't have the look for a song like that. Maybe if he were a little taller. I don't know. So while the judges liked it, I can only say he improved.

Katie is an interesting person. Her performance was solid, but her clothes were strange. She needs to listen to herself a little more. Katie is not a rock 'n roll chick. She likes to dress a little more classically, not quite preppy, but maybe 2010's version of preppy. This thing with the hair and the too many necklaces and the dress-thing that looked like tin foil - was not her. I don't know who dressed her, but it's adding to the confusion of who she is and what kind of artist she wants to be.

Lee did a very good job tonight, mostly in his confidence. He's totally safe this week.

Crystal is a star. She can sing any song, play any instrument, wear anything - rug or no rug - she's awesome.

Aaron was a pitchy boy tonight and he didn't pull off his power notes like he usually does. That middle section, where Usher was telling him to pour on the emotion ... was emotionless. Darn it. It was just a lukewarm performance. Simon says he's safe, but I don't know.

As far as my prediction goes, it's a hard call. It was easy for me to pull Didi and Tim out of the mix. I'm a little worried for Siobhan. I don't think she'd get voted off, but I wonder if she's in the three. Then I don't know if Aaron pulled it off. Hmmm. Hmmm. Okay, drumroll ... I choose Didi, Tim, and Aaron. And I predict that Didi will go home. I think she needs to get to a better place in her life, really heal from her past, and then concentrate on moving forward. She's not growing here.

Now to go read Rob's blog and see what he thinks. And if I disagree, to make snarky comments in his comment trail ...

7 comments:

Marta O. Smith March 31, 2010 at 8:46 AM  

I have a prediction of my own. The only person who might possibly beat out Crystal for #1 is Casey James. Big Mike and Andrew will round out the top 4, but in what order, I don't know.

Crystal is a mega talent. She will probably win. But then everyone said David Archuletta would probably win.

Casey is, to quote Usher, "already a rock star." If he was somehow voted off right now, he could land a record deal. Remember Chris Daughtry? Casey, with his guitar, has a lock on the rocker vote that propelled David Cook to the top. He has the cougar vote (and I don't mean BYU). He probably has a section of the teen vote, older teen girls who are not crushing on Aaron or Tim. Once those two are gone, he will have most of the teen vote.

Big Mike is a big, loveable teddy bear of a guy. And he can sing and play guitar and act. I can see him following in Jennifer Hudson's footsteps to Broadway.

I like Andrew. He is different, but it's a good different. He's not a powerhouse. He is acoustic. I like most of the songs he has done so far. I would buy his CD, or at least download some of his songs. And I think he has the Latino vote. Never underestimate the Latino vote.

RobisonWells March 31, 2010 at 9:39 AM  

Marta, I agree that the top two will probably be Casey and Crystal, though I don't agree that Casey deserves it. (I'm not saying he's bad, just that, in the last three weeks he has yet to be in the top two performances.)

I really question whether Michael will last into the top four. Andrew definitely could--I agree with you about both the talent and the Latino vote--but Michael is still in the really-good-but-forgettable category.

(Incidentally, I'm going to brag. You said "But then everyone said David Archuletta would probably win." I did NOT say that. In fact, during the first Top Twelve week I said "My current pick to win it all? No idea. My current pick to lose as #2? David Archuleta." )

:)

Tristi Pinkston March 31, 2010 at 11:34 AM  

My personal favorite four are Crystal, Casey, Siobhan, and Big Mike. I really believe that Crystal should win, but we've had enough upsets over the years that I don't know what's going to happen. Daughtry should have won the year he competed, but then after his loss, he went on to super-stardom. I don't think he would have hit that as the Idol. I wouldn't be surprised if Crystal didn't win, only because America is an idiot sometimes (just look at how Kate is still on DWTS - come on, America! That just isn't right)

RobisonWells March 31, 2010 at 11:36 AM  

Tristi, don't sully the prestige of this blog by talking about Dancing With The Stars.

I liked Siobhan a lot the first week and would love to see her get back to being awesome, but she keeps disappointing.

And I think you're all crazy about Casey. He's good, but has yet to have any breakout performance.

Tristi Pinkston March 31, 2010 at 11:52 AM  

I may not be swayed by the Hot Girl vote, but I am somewhat swayed by the Hot Guy vote. :) Actually, it's not just that - he's a genuinely nice guy, and that appeals too. And it wouldn't surprise me at all if he had a breakout performance next week - sometimes it's good to pace yourself and pour it on halfway down the track.

No blog sullying intended, Blogmaster. Just pointing out that America is whacked.

RobisonWells March 31, 2010 at 12:36 PM  

They are whacked, indeed. After all, they watch Dancing With The Stars.

Tristi Pinkston March 31, 2010 at 1:53 PM  

Next, you're going to say that there's something wrong with wearing bunny suits. I see where this is going.

Followers

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP