The Rules

After each performance show, Rob and Tristi must predict the bottom three and the person who will be voted off. For each correct bottom three guess, they get one point. Correctly guessing the loser gets three points.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Chalk and Cheese

So, this week the bottom three seems so obvious that I feel bad not picking an upset. I want to choose a surprise loser just to show that I can pick up on hidden insights, but... no. I'll choose the obvious ones tonight.

Anyway, the details are this:

Lee sang and he did well and no one cared and he was boring. I'm currently predicting him to last until the final four or five, and then his boring quality will no longer carry him.

Paige was absolutely terrible. As was Tim. Man, I hate Tim.

Aaron was David Archuleta, and I don't mean that in a good way.

Crystal was awesome. She still is very much the homeless pot smoker busking by the subway, but she's the best dang busking homeless pot smoker I've ever heard.

I thought that Michael was much better than the judges gave him credit for. Still, he's safe.

Andrew was bad, but not as bad as the judges made him out to be. Still, he suffers from both mediocrity and boringness, and that's the kiss of death. That's what killed Lacey last week.

Katie was better than she's been, although she was pitchy, dawg. Pitchy to the max.

Casey was very good--very good--but the song sounded almost exactly like Huey Lewis, with no variation. Yo, he didn't make it his own, dawg.

While I agree with the judges that Didi seemed a little too much "in character", she also was much better this week than last week. I can see her surviving for several more weeks.

And then there was Siobhan, whose only real problem was that she screamed again (albeit very well) and it would be a shame if she became "that girl who screams". She's better than that.

Anyway, the predictions are thus and obvious: Paige, Tim and Andrew will be in the bottom three. The loser will almost assuredly be Paige. If there's a party crasher in any of this, it will be Michael.

2 comments:

Tristi Pinkston March 24, 2010 at 12:52 AM  

Interesting judgment call on Tim. I think his little fans will save him. You're way right in that this week is almost too easy ... it's Paige all the way. How could it not be Paige?

Did you know my middle name is Paige? It really is.

RobisonWells March 24, 2010 at 6:19 AM  

While I think the bottom three is almost a lock, I actually am torn between Paige and Tim being booted.

He was in the bottom three last week, which makes me think that the teenage girls who latch onto to dreamy guys will latch onto someone else: Casey or Aaron, maybe.

I'm wondering if Paige was SO bad that she's going to get some pity votes. Historically, if the judges are particularly harsh on someone, that person will usually survive till the next week. (However, that's usually when the judges are harsh on a mediocre singer, not a terrible singer.) I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Paige squeak by and Tim get the boot in her place.

That said, Paige is still my pick. I'm 60/40, Paige and Tim.

Followers

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP