The Rules

After each performance show, Rob and Tristi must predict the bottom three and the person who will be voted off. For each correct bottom three guess, they get one point. Correctly guessing the loser gets three points.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I Could Not Foresee This Thing Happening To You, American Idol

Hooray for American Idol! I haven't paid it any attention all season, so all of these singers are new to me. Below are my thoughts about each, in the order of their performances:

I kinda think it would be fun to do the math for each contestant and show how much older the songs are. But, too much trouble. Suffice it to say that the Rolling Stones are much much older than these contestants. For example, Aaron is a mere sixteen years old, which means he was born in 1994, which is 32 years after the Rolling Stones were formed. Kids these days...

Michael was the first of the night, and he did fairly well. He sang "Miss You", which, for whatever reason, always reminds me of "Mr. Big Stuff", which in turn always reminds me of an old commercial for Double Stuf Oreos. So, that's what I was thinking about during his performance. Sorry.





Then we had Didi, and I don't like her at all. Her banter with Ryan Seacrest is annoying, the montage of her family was annoying, and her interaction with the judges was annoying. However, she's a decent singer and is a fairly cute blond, which generally means she'll survive for a few more rounds.





Then we had Casey, and I have to admit that this show didn't seem like your standard Final 12 show: they were all doing too well for that. Even this guy, who is a slightly less inbred version of Bucky Covington.






Oh wait. Here's where the standard Final 12 crappiness shows up. Lacey was off pitch through and through, and boring to boot. But... the judges said that "there's nothing wrong with your vocals." Really? Were we watching the same show?






And then they called Andrew "pitchy"? Were the judges even listening to Lacey?









Katie has a good voice and she chose one of the best Stones songs, but overall it was kinda blah.









Tim sucked, and I was glad to see that the judges agreed with me. It wasn't even one of the best Rolling Stones songs--not one that I really care about--but his interpretation was offensively terrible and I wanted to slap him for it. If all American Idol viewers were at least semi-cultured and intelligent then Tim would be in the bottom three. However, Jason Castro made it to the top four in Season Seven, and we have to assume that those viewers are still watching this year. (Unless they were arrested for smoking weed.)



Siobhan was awesome, and I loved the scream. I disagree with the judges that she was best of the night, but she was very very good. And, she was singing my all-time favorite Stones song (Paint It Black), which only helped.






Lee was boring. Boring enough that he'll almost certainly be in the bottom three.









Paige blew my nose and then she blew my mind, as it were. (Well, not really.) She was good. I was going to say that she was weak and lousy when she started, but she got better as she went. But, when it was revealed that she had laryngitis, I suppose I can forgive her.






Aaron was surprisingly good for being a sixteen-year-old David Archuleta lookalike. I think the song choice was good, and he's going to be the heartthrob for the teenage girl viewers. He's mucho safe.







I think that Crystal was the best of the evening. She started out sounding a lot like the college kids who sat in the commons area and played guitar and didn't go to class, but once she got into it she was really amazing. So, even though the judges gave the crown to Siobhan, I'm giving it to Crystal.






Predictions:

Bottom Three: Lee, Lacey and Tim. There's an off chance of Paige or Andrew, but Lee, Lacey and Tim are my official guesses.
Gone: Lacey. Tim should go, because he was really terrible, but I think that Lacey is going to be the most forgettable (and lousy).

0 comments:

Followers

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP