The Rules

After each performance show, Rob and Tristi must predict the bottom three and the person who will be voted off. For each correct bottom three guess, they get one point. Correctly guessing the loser gets three points.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Week Three: Rob is stumped

Tonight was the first night this season where I didn't Tivo the episode, so I had to watch the whole stupid thing. I don't know if that will affect my predictions, but I do know that I enjoyed it less.

I also am having a much harder time making predictions overall. Fortunately, the guy who will get the boot (Tim) was obvious, but I'm stymied otherwise.

Siobhan went first and sucked. She also screamed again, which is more disappointing. She's been good the last two weeks, and you'd think that one poor performance wouldn't kill her. But the scream... Now she's just "that girl that screams". This does not bode well.

And then Casey sang. I was not initially a big fan of his, but I think he's proving himself to be better every week. He's still not top teir, but he's good.

I keep expecting Michael to fall into the bottom three, but then he keeps stepping up his performance. Very good again today, and not even boring. HOWEVER, he was one of the early singers in a very long show, and even though I liked him when he sang, he's not proving very memorable. So, I don't know, dawg.

Didi. Didi, Didi, Didi. Here's the problem: she's still decent and she still has the Hot Girl vote, and she's still genuinely talented. But, she performed very poorly. So, will her past fans help her through? Or are they fickle enough to toss her after one bad performance? My guess: the fact that Ryan so horribly and stupidly embarrassed her will earn her some pity votes. So, she's safe.

Tim! Hooray for one I don't have to think about! He's lousy and he's leaving.

Andrew! Again, another who was mediocre in the past but who did great. Crap. He and Michael are making this a very hard week to predict.

Katie was good and decent, but not awesome, and she was in the bottom three last week. So, the question is this: did her presence in the bottom three last week spur people to vote for her--did they say "Holy crap! Katie doesn't deserve to go!"--or does her presence in the bottom three mean she didn't have that many fans to begin with?

Lee
has been boring for the past two weeks, and I've always wondered why he has staunch fans. But, he justified his survival tonight.

And Crystal was awesome, as usual. She left the busking-pothead look and instead chose a busking-pothead-playing-the-piano look. And she was awesome.

And then Aaron slaughtered one of my very favorite songs, and I hate him. Simon said that he's safe, and I agree (because Tim will leave), but Aaron may very well be in the bottom three.

So, if we went solely on tonight's performances the bottom three would be Tim, Siobhan and Aaron. But, I don't think that's the case. Siobhan probably still has fans. Maybe Aaron does, too.

Dang it. This one's hard.

Okay. Tim is in the bottom three, and he'll get the boot. And... I'm going to say Katie is back in the bottom three. And, for the last spot... crap... I'm going to say Aaron. That's more of a personal preference, though. It could very easily be Michael. Or Didi. But, the official is: Tim, Katie, Aaron, with Tim leaving.

I'm totally going to lose this week. (Well, I'll do poorly. Tristi will still lose.)

2 comments:

Tristi Pinkston March 31, 2010 at 12:19 AM  

You know, I can't help but wonder if you and I chose our losers based on personal dislike. I chose Didi, and we know I don't like her, and you chose Tim, and we know you don't like him. But it was a really tough week, that's for sure. Makes it more exciting. :)

RobisonWells March 31, 2010 at 6:36 AM  

No, Tim wasn't based (solely) on personal dislike. He's the only person there that has been in the bottom three the past two weeks. PLUS, he sucked again. I can think of no reason why he should stay.

(As a sidenote: I follow Adam Savage on Twitter, and last night he wrote: "Tim Urban is why your teenage daughter shouldn't have a cellphone." I thought that was quite funny.)

All of this said, I think tonight is a total crapshoot. Tim is definitely bottom three, 95% chance of leaving. But, I could very realistically see Katie, Aaron, Didi, Michael, or Andrew in there with him. I chose Katie because she's been there before, but Aaron was completely personal preference.

Followers

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP