The Rules

After each performance show, Rob and Tristi must predict the bottom three and the person who will be voted off. For each correct bottom three guess, they get one point. Correctly guessing the loser gets three points.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I've Been Hit by a Twain ...

Yes, Miss Ellen, I can make bad train jokes, too.

Okay. Wow. Okay.

Tonight is going to be a hard game to call. There were no obvious stinkers ... well, the one I thought was more obvious than an accordion player in a chamber orchestra actually was pretty well liked by the judges, and the audience reactions were also skewed tonight, and rather than trying to determine what America is going to think, I'm just going to have to go with my gut. I know Rob hates it when I do that, but all the wires are crossed and the vibes are wrong and that's the only choice I have in the matter.

1. Lee's song choice was adored by the judges, and not so much by me. This song is actually the one I chose to be "our song," my husband's and mine, although he doesn't think such things are necessary. But the song has special meaning for me, and so to hear it sung in this fashion wasn't my favorite. Lee didn't even hit on any kind of tune there for a few minutes, and it didn't take off until the chorus.

2. Mike got his emotions in the groove, but I didn't love the song, which was almost all on just a couple of notes. But he showed his good ballad side again, which always works for him.

3. Casey had another breakthrough tonight. He did the sensitive thing again, and the producers back-lit those golden curls, and I think Casey will score some major hot-guy votes tonight.

4. Crystal's song choice was a little odd. She sang it well, and her transition from the low notes to the high notes was flawless, but it wasn't her very best. This was the first time the judges have ever not liked her.

5. Aaron actually did a really nice job tonight. He was strong right from the start, which is odd for him - he usually struggles with the verse and gets strong in the chorus.

6. Siobhan was the one I really disliked tonight. She tried to ballad her way through a power song, and then she screamed the end, which didn't work. The song completely overpowered her. And yet, the judges were lovin' all over her, and I thought it was terrible.

So, you see why I'm confused - our consistent Crystal faltered a little, our screaming Siobhan stunk and the judges loved her, and our anemic Aaron showed some guts tonight.

Going way, way, way out on a limb here ... bottom three - Big Mike, Lee, and Siobhan. Going home - Siobhan.

Wincing ... wincing ... I have no idea if I'm right ...

0 comments:

Followers

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP