The Rules

After each performance show, Rob and Tristi must predict the bottom three and the person who will be voted off. For each correct bottom three guess, they get one point. Correctly guessing the loser gets three points.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

American Idol got monkey finger. American Idol shoot Coca-Cola.

Tonight's American Idol contained my favorite moment in Idol history. But I'll get to that in a moment.

The theme tonight was Lennon/McCartney songs, which turned out to be disastrous two years ago. Back then, we discovered that semi-decent singers should not be trying to tackle the masters--they all sucked. Was that level of crappiness going to be repeated?

According to Aaron, and his lousy attempt at The Long and Winding Road, the answer is yes. It was boring and uneven and unpleasant. However, he's a dreamy dreamboat, and he'll probably be just fine.

Katie sang Let It Be, and she was really really awesome. But will it get her out of her two week bottom-three slump? I'm guessing no. It should, but I think her two weeks in the bottom three indicate that she doesn't have a strong fan base, and without any major disasters among the other singers, I think she's not going to rise. It makes me sad.

Andrew did Can't Buy Me Love, and it was good. The verses were awesome, the chorus not so much. That's a complaint with the arrangement more than the singing, but still.

Michael's Eleanor Rigby was liked by the judges more than it was liked by me, but it was still good.

Crystal is so much better than everyone else in the Top 9 that I wish they'd just give her a deal already and get it over with. She sang an awesome song, and she sang it amazingly. I'm continually impressed by how effortless her singing seems.

Tim didn't suck! But, he wasn't good. I thought the judges were too nice to him, but I think (here's my conspiracy theory) that Simon praised Tim because Simon wants him to go. My thinking is this: when the judges declare that a contestant is certain to go, then all of the fans will go crazy voting for them. So, if all the judges say that the contestant is decent, then will the fans be complacent? I hope so, because Tim needs to go.

I've been saying for the past couple weeks that Casey is good, but he hasn't had any amazing performances. Well, here was one. Nicely done. (Also: he's really good on the guitar.)

Siobhan? I don't know what to think about Siobhan. She didn't scream, which is a plus, but she was boring. But, at least she was boring with a great song.

And my favorite moment in American Idol history? The bagpiper performing with Lee. That was awesomely awesome. Even better was his explanation as to why he invited a bagpiper: "Why not?" Lee has a new fan.

So, my bottom three is: Tim (obviously), Katie (because she doesn't have fans, even though she should), and...I'm going to go on a limb and say Siobhan. I think Michael and Andrew could take this spot, but Siobhan has had two bad weeks in a row. (Well, this week wasn't bad but it wasn't good.) Aaron ought to be in the bottom three, but he won't be because America is stupid.

And, I'm going to say it again, even though I was wrong last week: Tim is gone. If he isn't, I'm going to cry.

4 comments:

Crystal Liechty,  April 6, 2010 at 8:31 PM  

Ohmygish, I was laughing so hard when that bagpiper came out!
And I agree that Crystal is miles ahead of everyone else. It must be the name. Crystals are just awesome in general.

Tristi Pinkston April 7, 2010 at 1:48 AM  

Interesting choices, Guru Rob. Tonight was hard, and that's a fact. It was hard to choose, and it really could go in nine different directions.

You may be right about Katie in the bottom three, but I'm going to disagree about Siobhan. I think she's safe, even though she did take a big risk.

I think America thinks Tim is a dreamier dreamboat than Aaron.

RobisonWells April 7, 2010 at 6:52 AM  

But if America thought that, Tristi, then why is Tim always in the bottom three and Aaron is always safe?

Tristi Pinkston April 7, 2010 at 2:39 PM  

'Cause Aaron's been singing better than Tim.

Followers

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP