The Rules

After each performance show, Rob and Tristi must predict the bottom three and the person who will be voted off. For each correct bottom three guess, they get one point. Correctly guessing the loser gets three points.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Why can't you see what you're doing to me, American Idol?

So, I wasn't able to watch all of last night's episode, and I've tried to catch up a little bit this morning, but the internet is dramatically disappointing me. So, my predictions are based on the little I saw last night and the little I've been able to catch this morning.

First, I want to say that Tim turned on the charm, and that he's safe. This makes me sad, but it's true. Last night's performance was the Tim equivalent of Katherine McPhee playing the cleavage card in season five.

Second, Crystal continues to be awesome. However! I am becoming a bigger and bigger fan of Lee. This surprises me.

Third, Siobhan seems to be crashing and burning. She started strong and has dropped into the consistently mediocre category.

Fourth, I don't know about Michael. But I'd bet he gets the "Oh crap! I'd better vote for him!" votes.

Fifth, a whole lot of blah. I think Casey has a good career ahead of him, but he's not going to win. I think Katie is really good, but she doesn't have the elusive star appeal (this could be because she's seventeen). (In related news, remember a few weeks ago when she sang "Chain of Fools"? The first line is "For five long years, I thought you were my man." So, she thought someone was her man since she was twelve.

Anyway, predictions: Aaron and Andrew are going to leave. And... I'm thinking that Siobhan will round out the bottom three.

Here's an interesting note: in the event that I am correct, the two people who leave will be the two people who chose uninteresting, bubblegum-rock Elvis songs ("Hound Dog" and "Blue Suede Shoes"). I would like to think that there's a correlation there. (Possible evidence against that theory: last week Tim sang "All My Loving" and he was still safe. So, who knows?)

1 comments:

Tristi Pinkston April 14, 2010 at 10:43 AM  

I agree that Siobhan is floundering. She commented to the judges last night that she doesn't want to have to be just one kind of singer ... I think she could at least pick one way to sing each song, rather than singing it three different ways depending on the verse or the chorus. She's got an incredible voice, but doesn't seem to know what to do with it anymore.

Followers

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP