The Rules

After each performance show, Rob and Tristi must predict the bottom three and the person who will be voted off. For each correct bottom three guess, they get one point. Correctly guessing the loser gets three points.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Tristi is Bewildered

I don't know ... I'm confused ... I'm so tempted to read Guru Rob's blog before posting just so I know what to say.

Tonight's performances were all ... wow. Okay. Try to pull it together, Tristi.

Each performance had something good in it, some more awesome than others, and there were some odd moments throughout as well.

Breaking it down ...

Aaron seems determined to sing songs best suited for thirty-year-old men. He doesn't do well on the low notes and only hits his groove on the high notes. My advice ... sing younger songs with higher notes.

Katie was vocally spot on tonight.

Andrew did pretty well, not as great as he really needed to, and he seemed to struggle going from the verses to the chorus. But an improvement over two weeks ago.

Mike chose an odd song, in my opinion. His voice is always good - I've never heard a not-good vocal performance from him, but the song just seemed like a mismatch.

Crystal always delivers. I'm never disappointed. And here we had the appearance of one unusual musical instrument ... we saw a didgeridoo, which has never before graced the American Idol stage. Yes, I did have to look up how to spell it. I'm not sure what it added to the performance. I think we could have gotten along quite well without it. But it was sorta cool to see one. I can tell my children and grandchildren about it.

Tim's announcement of his song of choice ... from that moment, I knew I was going to be bored. And I was right. I was very, very bored. But the judges all loved it and told him how awesome he was, and I have to feel a little glad for the kid that no one made him want to throw up, but I was bored. What can I say. I needed something a little more. Maybe something like a didgeridoo.

Casey's outfit rocked. That's the first comment to make. I am in the Casey is a Hottie Club. I didn't love, love the song, but I did love seeing him do something a little different. I haven't read Rob's blog yet, but I suspect he might make a comment about being glad to see Casey try something a little different this week. (Coming back to edit after reading Rob's blog ... Rob did indeed make a comment along these lines.)

Siobhan's outfit made me want to cry. Moving on from that, her voice is so pure. Every note (well, with the exception of a few) was like water being dropped into a still pool. It was a beautiful performance. Although, why we sang a song that includes a line written in Sanskrit to praise one's meditation teacher, I don't know. (That's the joy of watching American Idol online. You can Google while you listen.)

Lee did well tonight. He took one of the most well-known songs and delivered a solid performance. I'm not sure why we brought in a bagpiper with a green backlight, coming down a flight of stairs, like an alien arriving from the mothership of Scottish instrument-playing creatures from some Scottish-inspired planet. Oh, well.

Okay, here's the tough part, the part that's been giving me grief. Last week was so easy. Yes, I shall rub it in ... last week was the week I guessed right. This week is just hard. Grrr.

Taking a deep breath - bottom three are: Aaron, Andrew, and Tim. Going home - Aaron.

1 comments:

Marta O. Smith April 7, 2010 at 7:13 AM  

Maybe bagpipes were the only way to top a didgeridoo? But it did make an unforgettable moment. Can we vote for the piper?

Followers

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP